The Rising Tied
Platinum Debut From Mike Shinoda’s 2005 Side Project Reissued On Two LPs With Four Bonus Tracks Making Their Vinyl Debut
Black Vinyl, Limited-Edition Ruby-Red Vinyl, and Limited-Edition Zoetrope Picture Discs Arriving December 15 Exclusively From Store.MikeShinoda.com and Indie Retail
LOS ANGELES – In 2005, Linkin Park co-founder Mike Shinoda released The Rising Tied, the platinum-certified debut album from his hip-hop side project, Fort Minor. The record showcases his collaborations with artists like Common and John Legend and includes the quadruple-platinum single “Remember The Name” that Shinoda recorded with Styles of Beyond.
Warner Records will reissue THE RISING TIED this fall as a double LP that includes four bonus tracks making their vinyl debut. “Be Somebody,” “There They Go,” and “The Hard Way” first appeared in 2005 on CD and Digital Deluxe Editions of the original release. The fourth bonus track, “Welcome,” was originally released in 2015 as a standalone single that peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot Rock Songs chart.
THE RISING TIED will be available December 15 as a double-LP on black vinyl for $34.98 and translucent ruby-red vinyl for $44.98. A limited edition picture disc will also be released on December 12 that features zoetrope designs that come to life when the records spin on the turntable. This version will be available for $54.98 exclusively from Store.MikeShinoda.com and Independent music retailers.
When it debuted in November 2005, THE RISING TIED quickly garnered critical acclaim for its innovative blend of hip-hop, alternative rock, and electronic music, singles including “Petrified” and “Believe Me” showcasing Shinoda’s diverse musical talents and lyrical prowess. Various hip-hop and R&B artists (Black Thought, Eric Bobo, and Lupe Fiasco) recorded songs with Shinoda, allowing him to explore new sounds and styles across the record, from the iconic sports anthem “Remember the Name” to “Where’d You Go” (featuring Shinoda, Holly Brook, and Jonah Matranga), the album’s highest-charting single, peaking at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 on its way to selling more than a million copies in the U.S.
THE RISING TIED
2-LP Track Listing
- “Remember The Name” – featuring Styles of Beyond
- “Right Now” – featuring Black Thought of The Roots, Styles of Beyond
- “Feel Like Home” – featuring Styles of Beyond
- “Where’d You Go” – featuring Holly Brook and Jonah Matranga
- “In Stereo”
- “Back Home” – featuring Common, Styles of Beyond
- “Believe Me” – featuring Eric Bobo, Styles of Beyond
- “Get Me Gone”
- “High Road” – featuring John Legend
- “Red To Black” – featuring Kenna, Jonah Matranga, Styles of Beyond
- “The Battle” – featuring Celph Titled
- “Slip Out The Back” – featuring Mr. Hahn
- “Be Somebody” – featuring Lupe Fiasco, Holly Brook, Tak of Styles of Beyond
- “There They Go” – featuring Sixx John
- “The Hard Way” – featuring Kenna