CROSSROADS REVISITED MAKES VINYL DEBUT
Nearly Four Hours Of Live Performances From Eric Clapton’s
Acclaimed Music Festival Are Coming To Vinyl For The First Time
6-LP Collection Features 40 Tracks With Performances By Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Mayer, Willie Nelson, Carlos Santana, James Taylor, Joe Walsh, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood, ZZ TOP, And More
Available December 6 From Rhino
LOS ANGELES – Founded in 2004 by legendary guitarist Eric Clapton, the Crossroads Guitar Festival has given fans an opportunity to witness truly historic performances by some of the world’s greatest guitarists. And while fans have been able to relive those magical moments thanks to a series of successful DVD, Blu-ray, CD compilations, this is the first time the compilation will be available on vinyl.
CROSSROADS REVISITED: SELECTIONS FROM THE CROSSROADS GUITAR FESTIVAL will be available December 6 as a 6-LP set. Boasting 40 live tracks, the collection includes a selection of landmark performances from all four Crossroads Guitar Festivals, which were held in 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. A veritable “Who’s Who” of guitar music can be heard on this set, including Clapton, Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Robert Cray, Billy F Gibbons, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Mayer, Carlos Santana, Joe Walsh, Ronnie Wood, and Jimmie Vaughan, just to name a few.
Amazing performances by Clapton are featured throughout the set, including his cover of George Harrison’s “Isn’t It A Pity” and a smoking electric version of “Layla” that was included as a hidden track on the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004 DVD. But it’s Slowhand’s on-stage collaborations that really shine here, like playing “After Midnight” with J.J. Cale, who wrote the hit song, and breaking out Blind Faith’s “Presence Of The Lord” with Steve Winwood, who was in the band with Clapton.
Naturally, the all-star jams deliver some of the collection’s most unforgettable moments. Among the highlights are: “Paying The Cost To Be The Boss” with B.B. King, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughan and Hubert Sumlin; “Five Long Years” with Buddy Guy, Ronnie Wood and Jonny Lang; and “Steamroller” with James Taylor and Joe Walsh.
Held every three years since 2004, the Crossroads Guitar Festival raises funds for the Crossroads Centre in Antigua (www.crossroadsantigua.org), a treatment and education facility that Clapton founded in 1998 to help people suffering from chemical dependency.
Eric Clapton And Guests
CROSSROADS REVISITED: SELECTIONS FROM THE CROSSROADS GUITAR FESTIVALS
01. “Sweet Home Chicago” - Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Hubert Sumlin & Jimmie Vaughan
02. “Rock Me Baby” - Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, B.B. King & Jimmie Vaughan
03. “Steamroller” - James Taylor with Joe Walsh
04. “What The Cowgirls Do” - Vince Gill with Jerry Douglas
01. “After Midnight” - J.J. Cale with Eric Clapton
02. “Green Light Girl” - Doyle Bramhall II
03. “Hell At Home” - Sonny Landreth with Eric Clapton
04. “City Love” - John Mayer
01. “Funk 49” - Joe Walsh
02. “Drums Of Passion” - Carlos Santana with Eric Clapton
03. “Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers” - Jeff Beck
01. “Have You Ever Loved A Woman” - Eric Clapton
02. “Layla” - Eric Clapton
01. “Little By Little” – Susan Tedeschi with The Derek Trucks Band
02. “Poor Johnny” - The Robert Cray Band
03. “Paying The Cost To Be The Boss” - B.B. King with The Robert Cray Band, Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin
04. “Tulsa Time” - Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Vince Gill & Albert Lee
05. “On The Road Again” - Willie Nelson with Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill & Albert Lee
01. “Isn’t It A Pity” - Eric Clapton
02. “Belief” - John Mayer
03. “Mas Y Mas” - Los Lobos
01. “Big Block” - Jeff Beck
02. “Presence Of The Lord” - Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton
03. “Cocaine” - Eric Clapton
01. “Waiting For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago” – ZZ Top
02. “Don’t Owe You A Thang” – Gary Clark Jr.
03. “Bright Lights” – Gary Clark Jr.
01. “Our Love Is Fading” - Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II & Gary Clark Jr.
02. “Lay Down Sally” - Vince Gill with Sheryl Crow, Keb’ Mo’, Albert Lee, James Burton & Earl Klugh
03. “Space Captain” - Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band with Warren Haynes, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rosas & Chris Stainton
04. “Hammerhead” – Jeff Beck
01. “Five Long Years” - Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang & Ronnie Wood
02. “Hear My Train A Comin’” - Doyle Bramhall II
03. “Dear Mr. Fantasy” - Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton
01. “Born Under A Bad Sign” - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb’ Mo’, Blake Mills, Matt “Guitar” Murphy & Albert Lee
02. “Everyday I Have The Blues” - The Robert Cray Band with B.B. King, Eric Clapton & Jimmie Vaughan
03. “Please Come Home” - Gary Clark Jr.
01. “Tumbling Dice” - Vince Gill with Keith Urban & Albert Lee
02. “I Shot The Sheriff - Eric Clapton
03. “Crossroads” - Eric Clapton
# # #